The healthcare industry sits at the forefront of leading technological innovations. When it comes to saving lives, diagnosing health ailments, and preventive medical care, there is no better application of the most brilliant technologies being created. Despite some of the awe-inspiring and jaw-dropping technological innovations available today in healthcare, the future is so technology-infused that it seems like it was born in a Hollywood sci-fi movie. Many experts believe that the healthcare industry of the future will be awash in advanced virtual reality systems, self-diagnostic devices, augmented doctor consultations, and much more. If one thing is likely, it’s that the overall quality of life and life expectancy is sure to increase with tomorrow’s technological breakthroughs.
The Top 5 Future Healthcare Technologies
- Artificial intelligence (AI) – If there is one technological force above and beyond anything else that will completely revolutionize the future of healthcare, it is undoubtedly artificial intelligence. Most experts believe that in the future artificial intelligence-driven robots will not only carry out all surgery, but they will be the leading innovators behind all new surgical breakthroughs.
- Self-Diagnosis – Leading tech-gurus all have the same vision for future mobile devices. Eventually, it is thought that the standard mobile device will be capable of highly advanced self-diagnostic procedures. By simply being placed against a person’s skin, these devices will be able to read blood sugar levels, detect disease, and provide the user with critical health information.
- Augmented Reality – Get ready to walk into the doctor’s office and be immediately handed a highly advanced set of eyeglasses. Once these eyeglasses are put on, they will serve as an auxiliary consultant as the doctor speaks to the patient, pop-ups, graphs, and other info-based tidbits into the patient’s field of view.
- Blockchain – The future of all healthcare record-keeping and administrative tasks is blockchain. With blockchain’s incorruptibility and full transparency, healthcare customers will experience greater control over their information than ever before. They will also be able to find lower-cost healthcare solutions due to blockchain’s built-in transparency core.
- Virtual Reality – Highly advanced virtual reality software is already being created for the next generation’s surgical trainees. The age-old and malodorous cadaver will eventually become a thing of the past, as medical students will practice and hone their surgical skills within the virtual world on digital patients.